14th SRF, November 16-17, 2024
SRF is a fun and inclusive event that is proudly supported by the ACT Government
SATURDAY 18TH NOVEMBER 2023
Start time: 7.00am
Participants should self-seed behind the start line
Early bird (27 Feb – 27 March 2023): $75
Regular (until 31 Oct 2023 or sold out): $85
There is no cut-off time for SRF15.
A 4.5-hour time frame is anticipated for most participants to complete the course.
Must be at least 16 years old on race day.
Runners who register before June 30th, 2023 will receive a free event tshirt (RRP $35). Every runner receives a finishers medal and zooper dooper.
- Elevation gain: +431m
- Distance: 15.27km
- 99.5% path, 0.5% road
The SRF15 follows the same track as the SRF10 course, taking in the eastern and northern lower slopes of Mt Stromlo before taking on “The Mother” aka the top of Mt Stromlo as a breath taking and selfie-worthy crescendo to this challenging course. The final few kilometres are a descent back down to the event hub and finish line.
SRF15 consists of multiple rises with one major climb towards the end for a total of 431m of vertical gain and is suitable for participants who may have completed 5-10km before and are looking to take on the next challenge.
Runners can expect the course will be well marked to ensure they can run carefree and enjoy the race without worry of navigation.
SRF15 MANDATORY GEAR
- Mobile phone in working order
- Compression bandage (minimum dimensions 7.5cm wide x 2.3m long unstretched)
- Water holder or any capacity
- Race number, attached and visible on the outside front
- Collapsible cup
- Anti-chafe body glide / body lubricant
- Cap or sun hat
- Favourite race food
- More substantial first aid kit (sterile dressings, roll of strapping tape, blister care such as blister block patches or Compeed, antiseptic wipes and any relevant personal medications).
- GARMIN CONNECT LINK
Please note that due to on-going negotiations with other Stromlo Forest users, there may be some final small adjustments to the courses, but these maps provide what we hope will be the final course layouts.