Register before 11.59pm on the 9th August, 2020 and receive a free event shirt with entry!
Date: Sunday 22nd November 2020
Time: 6.00am start
9 x start waves 20 minutes apart with max 100 runners in each
Course Limits: The field will be limited to a maximum of 900 participants.
Performance Expectations: There are no cut-off times for the 10km. A 3 hour time frame is anticipated for most participants to complete the course.
All runners who registered before August 9th 2020 will receive a free event tshirt (RRP $35). Every runner receives a finishers medal, and access to a post race refuel station.
COURSE MAP AND PROFILE
The SRF10 course skirts around the eastern and northern lower slopes of Mt Stromlo with the final few kilometres being a descent back down to the event hub and the finish line.
Made up of several undulating climbs and stretches of wide trail totalling 220m vertical gain, this course is suitable for runners of all levels and has no cut-off time. The SRF10 course provides some beautiful district views of Canberra and the Brindabella Ranges not usually appreciated at street level.
Runners can expect the course will be well marshalled and marked to ensure they can run carefree and enjoy the race without worry of navigation.
SRF10 Mandatory Gear
- Mobile phone in working order with fully charged battery and working SIM card
- Compression bandage (minimum dimensions 7.5cm wide x 2.3m long unstretched)
- Water bottles or bladders, 500ml capacity
- Food bars / portions
- Race number
- Collapsible cup
- Anti-chafe body glide / body lubricant
- Cap or sun hat
- Favourite race food
- More substantial first aid kit (sterile dressings, roll of strapping tape, blister care such as blister block patches or Compeed, antiseptic wipes and any relevant personal medications).
Please note that due to on-going negotiations with other Stromlo Forest users, there may be some final small adjustments to the courses, but these maps provide what we hope will be the final course layouts.