15th SRF, November 16-17, 2024
SRF is a fun and inclusive event that is proudly supported by the ACT Government
SUNDAY 17TH NOVEMBER 2024
Start time: 7.30am
Participants should self-seed behind the start line
Early bird (29 Feb – 28 March 2024): $60
Regular (until 31 Oct 2024 or sold out): $70
There is no cut-off time for SRF10.
A 3-hour time frame is anticipated for most participants to complete the course.
All children under the age of 13 must be accompanied by a guardian. The child’s guardian must be entered in the event.
Runners who register before June 30th, 2024 will receive a free event tshirt (RRP $35). Every runner receives a finishers medal and zooper dooper.
- Elevation gain: +220m
- Distance: 10.01km
The SRF10 course skirts around the eastern and northern lower slopes of Mt Stromlo with the final few kilometres being a descent back down to the event hub and finish line.
Made up of several undulating climbs and stretches of wide trail totalling 220m vertical gain, this course is suitable for participants of all levels and has no cut-off time. The SRF10 course provides some beautiful district views of Canberra and the Brindabella Ranges not usually appreciated at street level.
Runners can expect the course will be well marshalled and marked to ensure they can run carefree and enjoy the race without worry of navigation.
SRF10 MANDATORY GEAR
- Mobile phone in working order
- Compression bandage (minimum dimensions 7.5cm wide x 2.3m long unstretched)
- Water holder or any capacity
- Race number, attached and visible on the outside front
- Collapsible cup
- Anti-chafe body glide / body lubricant
- Cap or sun hat
- More substantial first aid kit (sterile dressings, roll of strapping tape, blister care such as blister block patches or Compeed, antiseptic wipes and any relevant personal medications).
Please note that due to on-going negotiations with other Stromlo Forest users, there may be some final small adjustments to the courses, but these maps provide what we hope will be the final course layouts.